ELTC COVID-19 UPDATE – 14/05/21
Today, the 14th of May 2021, the LTA published their updated guidelines for tennis players, venues, and coaches. We urge you all to be familiar with these guidelines as they set out the rules for Step 3 of the Government’s roadmap (starting Monday May 17th). Please do not attend the club without having familiarized yourself with the contents of the two documents entitled “LTA guidance for tennis players” and “Summary Grid – Tennis Activity by Tier”, as well as the key points in this email. See links below:
These LTA guidance documents are very comprehensive and detail all of the rules applicable to Step 3. Here are some of the key points, adapted to our Club:
- Anyone attending a venue (including players, coaches, staff and any other visitors), should, before leaving home, undergo a pre-attendance self-assessment for any COVID19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website.
- If someone who has played at our Club tests positive for COVID-19, they should follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website, and, additionally, email [email protected]to inform the Club so that appropriate cleaning and other measures can be put in place.
- Social distancing of 2 meters remains in place regarding those not in one’s household or support bubble.
- Socializing is permitted, though subject to the Rule of 30 outdoors and the Rule of 6 (or 2 households totalling more than 6) indoors.
- Avoid congregating on or around the court before and after playing to allow safe access for others. Ensure you leave the court beforethe end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
- Communal balls will now be provided by ELTC for members to use. That said, some players may not be comfortable using the communal balls. If a player on a given court wishes to minimise their risk by using their own marked balls, please respect that wish. In any case, players should avoid using their hands to pick up balls from other courts (use a racquet or foot to return them).
- Spectating is now permitted, as is parent/guardian supervision.
- Car sharing to and from the club or to matches at other clubs is now permitted, in line with the government’s safer travel guidance.
- The clubhouse will be open, subject to strict compliance with the following rules:
- A maximum of 12 people will be allowed in the clubhouse at any given time. When entering the clubhouse, it is each person’s responsibility to count the number of attendees already inside so as not to exceed this limit.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian/carer. They must remain seated (no playing around) and are not allowed in the kitchen or tea room.
- When entering and exiting the clubhouse, use of the French doors to the patio area is recommended, where possible.
- Anyone entering the clubhouse MUST wear a face covering when not seated at a table to eat or drink. Avoid any unnecessary contact with clubhouse surfaces and fixtures.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed into the kitchen and tea room (only one per group). All surfaces touched must be wiped down after use by each user with the anti-bacterial wipes provided (this includes the tables in the main clubhouse space). Anyone using the coffee/tea facilities must thoroughly wash all the utensils/kitchenware they have used with soap and water immediately after use. DO NOT leave dirty cups, glasses, or other utensils for others to clean up.
- People using tables must ensure that the tables are at least 3 meters apart.
Our club has traditionally held well-organised social/mix-in sessions for adults and intermediates on certain mornings and evenings.
- Ladies morningson Tuesdays from 9am-11am will revert to the traditional mix-in format as of 18th May
- Thursday mornings(all welcome) from 9am-12pm will revert to the traditional mix-in format as of 20th May
- Saturday and Sunday morningsfrom 10am-12pm. The traditional mix-ins will resume as of 22nd May
- Ladies Nights on Wednesday evenings – Our Ladies Captain, Victoria Aitchison is organising Ladies Nights fixed fours on Wednesdays from 6pm to 8pm. If you wish to join in, please contact Victoria at[email protected]
- Club Nights(all welcome) on Thursday evenings from 6pm onwards – The Thursday nights format prioritises mixed doubles in a fixed four format. This is organised by Ben Wood, our Head Coach, and it will be on a first-come first-served basis. Where feasible, players of like ability are matched together for enjoyable games. If you would like to take part, please email Ben at [email protected]with your mobile number, so that Ben can include you in a WhatsApp Chat Group.
- Mens Nights on Tuesday Nights will continue to be organised as fixed fours by Dugie Carlean. Please email Dugie at [email protected]with your mobile number if you’d like to take part.
Thank you in advance for respecting the rules. Further relaxation comes with increased risks, so please adhere closely to these new rules to ensure a safe environment for all to enjoy.