Elliswick LTC Newsletter – May 2020
Welcome to our May Newsletter.
We would like to welcome you back on court and extend a very warm welcome to our new members. The courts have been quite busy since we reopened our beloved club a couple of weeks ago and it has been a real pleasure to see many of you back to enjoy the sport we love.
The LTA have today issued updated guidance for venues, players and coaches. The good news is that doubles play will resume as of tomorrow, even with 4 players from separate households, and small group coaching will also resume.
We will be sending out updated guidelines for ELTC this evening. Once again, we urge all members to familiarize themselves with the LTA guidance documents as well as the ELTC guidelines before using the club facilities. Covid-19 remains a real threat and we must all continue to respect the basic principle of social distancing.
Members who wish to book a court, please do so via our new Clubspark website:
After setting up your account, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to activate your account.
Please do make sure that you adhere to the club booking policy, which is available on the website http://www.elliswickltc.co.uk, before you book a court.
Please remember the following guidelines:
- Full paying adult members and intermediate members (age 16 to 21) can only book one court, multiple court bookings by one member are not allowed at the same time.
- During the lockdown, Courts may be booked for 1-hour slots only (singles) and 1 ½ hour slots (doubles) and players must vacate the courts and the club grounds at least 5 minutes before the end of their slot. Do not congregate before or after play.
Any person not abiding by these guidelines may be asked to leave the premises immediately and may be subject to the Club’s disciplinary process.
BRINGING A GUEST
Guests will now be allowed, but we ask members to bring guests only outside peak morning times. Any members introducing a guest to play tennis at ELTC must enter the name and address of the guest together with his/her own name in the visitor’s book which is kept inside the entrance to the clubhouse. At the same time the required visitor’s fee of £3.00 must be paid and no one may be admitted as a guest to play tennis on more than three occasions in any calendar year. The total number of guests permitted per Member per annum is four.
TENNIS BALLS PURCHASE
Communal balls cannot be facilitated at this time. Tennis balls are available to purchase from the club for £3 per tin of 3. If you wish to purchase them, then please make payment to the Elliswick Account and then email email@example.com after you have done so. We will then advise you when your tennis balls are ready for your collection at the club.
TENNIS BALLS PAYMENT
This a reminder that if you have taken/purchased tennis balls from the club, please ensure that you make payment by bank transfer to the Elliswick account.
GROUNDS & CLUBHOUSE
- We are planning to do a deep-clean and re-sanding of Courts 1-3, as the first part of a fix to the creasing issue on the back of court 2. Date is to be advised.
- The clubhouse remains locked to members while the Covid 19 crisis is in progress, apart from the toilets and lobby areas.
- Dave W has planted a very nice new border in our garden and by the Junior court.
Our Team Captains may organise in-house competitive tennis very soon. Details of which will be sent to you separately.
Elliswick LTC Committee
PS, Don’t forget to keep up to date with events at our website http://www.elliswickltc.co.uk