ELTC Guidance Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you will likely be aware, Coronavirus has reached Harpenden. Whilst we are not presently aware of any cases associated with our Club, a sports club is by its nature a group environment where people congregate in open and closed spaces, conducive to the spread of germs.
Due to the impending spread of the virus, we politely ask all members to observe the following practices for the time being:
- No person to person physical contact wherever possible
- No shaking of hands before or after matches
- Frequent hand washing, particularly when using the kitchen
- Pay heed to the magic triangle
The NHS has issued guidance indicating that the best way of stopping the spread of the virus is to take basic hygiene precautions, including:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands)
- When you cough or sneeze put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean…THE MAGIC TRIANGLE
We request that all of our members play their part in minimising the risks. Please do contact a Committee member asap if you become aware of any cases involving members or visitors.